Public Participation Guidelines
Contacting a School Board Member
To get in touch with any Director, you may contact him/her directly or call School Board Secretary Cheryl Harmon at (503) 749-8488.
Mailing Address for the Board
Board of Directors
Cascade School District 5
10226 Marion Road SE
Turner, Oregon 97392
Public Testimony Guidelines
Part of every School Board Meeting agenda includes time for citizens to address the Board. We ask that you observe these guidelines:
- When addressing the Board, please stand up and clearly state your name, address and the topic for the record.
- If you represent a group or organization, please state that information.
- Limit your comments to approximately five minutes, as the School Board would like to hear from all patrons wishing to speak. At the discretion of the Board Chair, the time allotted to each patron may be reduced to three minutes.
- Please give any materials for the Board of Directors to the Board secretary, who will distribute materials to the Board members.
- Provide 10 copies of your written testimony to the Board secretary.
- Refrain from using the names of individual students or staff members.